Students are not confident and they don't believe in themselves.
I am an English teacher and I used to be a student of English. So, I understand better about your problem with English. That’s why I am here to tell the truth about English learning. I’ve taught many students who had metal problems. They always tell me about their problems such as…
1. We are very bad.
2. We have no confidence.
3. We are afraid to make a mistake.
4. You have to correct every sentence that I say wrong, etc…
1. Bad at English.
Where does it come from? It comes from somewhere. Well, of course, it comes from the past English teachers you had. You did something wrong about English. They said “you are bad at English”.
I had the same kind of experience where My past English teachers said to me “you are bad at English”.
It is never true. It’s wrong. You cannot take this belief all the time. Get rid of that forever. If the method is correct, you can be good at English but you cannot be perfect at English because everybody makes a mistake. Even English native speakers, they also make mistakes so you cannot be perfect.
2. No confidence and afraid of making mistakes?
Sadly, most English classes, they never teach you about confidence when you want to speak English. Actually, in the past when you were young, if you did something wrong about English, the past English teachers made you weaker in front of other students. So, you learned not to make a mistake in English.
Because of that, your confidence disappears gradually until now. You never believe in yourself anymore. You always think that making a mistake in English is terrible. (My answer here is YOU MUST MAKE a lot of mistakes when speaking or learning English). While you are doing that, never ask anybody to correct your mistakes. There is no need to correct your English mistakes. If you make lots of mistakes when speaking or learning English, You are not afraid and shy. Finally, you will be confident every time you speak English.
3. Correcting your English mistakes is not good. Why? Because it helps for a short time. When I correct your mistakes, you remember for a while but later you forget. Because our brain only can learn very natural things. If you force your brain to do something, it can do for a while but not for a long time.
That’s why you know this, you passed the matriculation examination but how many things do you remember from that event? Almost nobody can remember them very well. Why not? You didn’t learn very naturally. You forced your brain to remember them.
I mean, Correcting your mistakes for speaking English doesn’t help your speak very well but on the other hand, if you make lots of mistakes while speaking. That’s how you improve so much faster than other people who always want correcting mistakes. Correcting your mistakes for writing English, maybe it helps a little bit, why? Because you have time to correct every mistake.
I train people to use English effortlessly at a company. I train people to speak English at home with groups.
If you want a different result and method, Just call me (09 25 495 1800)
Shwe Gabar Aung (Empowering English)
No comments:
Post a Comment